How to make a Referral, Complaint or Appeal

Before you come to us, you need to make sure that you have asked either the Pension Protection Fund or the Financial Assistance Scheme to consider the matter themselves using their internal procedures.


If you are unhappy with the response you receive from them, you can ask the Ombudsman to investigate it. You should do this as soon as possible because of the short time limits involved. For further information see our booklets.


How we conduct our investigations depends on what you need to be investigated or considered. You need to provide all the details of your request on the correct form. The various forms can be downloaded below:


For further information see our Referrals and Complaints booklet or our Appeals booklet.

The Pension Protection Fund Ombudsman is also the Pensions Ombudsman >>